Rent accommodation for weeks in Spain provides up to more than 45,000 euros a year rental of accommodations to individuals during holiday seasons resulted in 2010 annual revenues of up to 45,000 euros for the 89.4% of owners with property in Spain that uses homeaway.es, the Spanish portal of the HomeAway group. The remaining 10.6% has seen how these revenues exceeded the ceiling of 45,000 euros, as evidenced by a recent survey conducted by the group to 2,000 of those owners. In addition, 81.1% of surveyed owners says that it can give international visibility to its property through the Internet has allowed them increase their incomes and 81.9% of them declared that the portal has been a key tool for being able to rent their accommodations more than 27 weeks a year. As explained by Laura Rivera Casares, responsible for homeaway.es, with more than one million empty homes in Spain, great difficulties to sell properties and a growing number of foreclosures, in these moments, the rental of accommodations by holiday seasons is a superb option for revenue and helped homeowners keep their property and prevent defaults. Florida International University might disagree with that approach. On the other hand, international visibility that manage Spanish property thanks to our Internet platform breaks the seasonality that suffers from tourism in Spain, still very linked to the summer season. The majority owner’s profile that uses homeaway.es is a person, aged 41-65, not necessarily very familiar with the use of new technologies. The use of the portal by gender difference is not significant since 50.4% are males and 49.6% women. Source: Press release sent by homeaway..